A Developing Member in the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Serving Children From Early Childhood Through Eighth Grade
Linden Waldorf has the following job openings:
Position: Development Coordinator Status: Full-time, Salaried
· College degree.
· Development and fundraising experience.
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and to maintain confidentiality.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for the leadership, planning, implementation and management of Linden Waldorf School’s fundraising program including: prospecting and cultivation; database management/utilization; individual giving; major gifts; corporate giving; grants; fundraising events; and working with volunteers. The program’s growth will provide natural opportunities to learn and grow, requiring the ability to remain flexible and adaptable in regard to work assignments. The Development Coordinator reports to the Administrative Chair.
· Manage donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations and coordinate all fundraising activities, including annual giving, events, and special projects.
· Manage related internal and external marketing and mailings, including annual fund appeals, promotions and invitations for events, and the annual report, coordinating effectively with other sectors of school communication.
· Conduct major giving prospect research and strategically engage potential large donors.
· Lead process around launching and supporting capital campaign.
· Coordinate grant writing efforts by recruiting grant writers, helping to identify appropriate grants, providing assistance to grant writers, tracking progress and reporting.
· Engage alumni and their families.
· Support community festivals and maintain appropriate Development presence at such events.
· Actively participate in articulating the vision, values and mission of Linden Waldorf School and inspiring others to serve these goals in the spirit of community.
· Engage actively in Linden Waldorf School’s strategic planning process and operational planning; coordinate with the Development committee to monitor and support goals
· Oversee departmental budget to ensure raising funds in the most efficient manner.
· Provide regular monthly progress reports to Administrative Chair and the Board.
· Serve as a member of the Administrative team and participate in shared responsibilities that lie therein.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Efficient use of standard office equipment and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience with maintaining database (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and ability to prepare and maintain accurate records
· Capacity to plan and manage projects, prioritizing effectively to meet goals and deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with diverse groups, including production of development collateral.
· Maintain a cheerful, relaxed, respectful demeanor when working with others.
This is a full-time salaried position. Salary will be commensurate with education, training and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Linden Waldorf School, 3201 Hillsboro Pike Nashville, TN 37215. Our fax number is 615-354-0247.
It is the policy of Linden Waldorf School to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or veteran status and not to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.
More About Waldorf
Articles of Interest